Thursday, June 9, 2011

I did it!

I finally ran my first 5K race, it has been my goal for this year. I have put it off for several races for various reasons, mostly weather related, but also because I was indecisive. Well I finally just got up the morning of the race, drove down and registered. The race had more than 2300 registrants, with nearly 2100 participants. I am happy to say that I finished in the top 5%. I was in the top five finishers for my age and gender, I would have been 2nd in age and gender, if I could have chosen my gender category. I really didn’t have any idea where I would finish as I have never run in one before. However when I received my race number, I thought to myself, if I could finish in the time of the race number in minutes and seconds, I would be happy. Well I finished two seconds faster! Now I have a benchmark, and I will work to improve on my finish time.

On a side note, I lost a couple of pounds in my quest, and have increased my “Bombshell Body” workout to complete all reps. I will continue to do the workout 3 times a week and run on the other days, I still hope to lose several inches around my middle while increasing the size of my gluteus if possible. I am currently at a hip-to-waist ratio of approximately .75, I would love to get to .70! That is my magic number, my goal ratio! I also felt the need to reward myself, so I went to Nordstrom’s for their Half-Yearly clearance for Women and Children. I found myself a pair of new heels! The one thing I love more than a pretty new pair of shoes, is a great bargain, This pair was both! First they were seriously marked down, second I had a certificate good for an additional $20 off. I walked out with a $120 pair of shoes, for less than $6 tax included!!! Here is a link to a picture of the "Cute Shoes" if you are interested  and the actual 'Rialto' Sandal at Nordstrom’s web site. My feet are feeling a bit overwhelmed about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment