Monday, June 20, 2011

10K Gold & Silver

Well I ran two more races! I ran a 5K and finished 1st in my age group, but a few minutes behind my previous time. I then ran a 10K, my first, I did okay considering it was my first 10K race, I finished second in my age bracket. I am planning to run another couple of 10K’s in the next month as well as another 5K. I hope to be able to improve upon my times in each, and will be working out more to improve my times.

I am also still doing the “Bombshell Body” workout, my goal is to do it three times a week, but am averaging twice a week. I hope it is doing some good back there, it’s hard for me to tell, as I can’t see myself. I did a few measurements and I am happy with the results. I have lost some more weight, but luckily no inches around my hips and rear. I would love to get a slimmer runner’s build but keep the butt, if that is possible. I figure if I keep doing the lower body workouts along with the running I should be able to keep or build the muscle tone down there.

I mentioned before I have a goal of reaching a waist to hip ratio of .70 or lower, I am currently at around a .75 ratio. I know I still have a bit too lose around my waist, as I still have a bit of a tummy, but most of my pants are fitting looser, time to find a smaller sized pants. If I could get back to the waist size I had in my mid-twenties, I would be very happy. Not sure if that is possible, but it would be wonderful. I did try another measurement, from my front profile I measured my waist width vs. my hip width, I am between .75 and .70, which made me happy! What surprised me more was that from a side profile, I measured my waist depth, front to back, versus my hip/butt depth front to back, I am also nearly .70, which means my butt sticks out behind me about 30% more than does my lower back/waist!

I suspect that if the workout program is able to make any difference in my lower body, the muscle will be in the back, on the gluteus. I doubt that there is much that I can do to make my butt wider at the hips. I can’t control where my body deposits fat, nor can I do anything to change the skeleton underneath. I can only increase the size of my hips and butt by building the muscle underneath. It seems like most women want to make this area smaller, I want mine to be bigger so that it looks more like a woman’s does. I will continue the workouts as long as I continue to see results, or until the end of next month if I don’t see any real progress. I will keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment