Friday, September 30, 2011

Run like a Girl!

It has been several months since my last post, like my posting frequency, my workouts and running slowed significantly. I did run a 10K near the end of July and finished with my best time. Then I went out on the road and between travel and the heat I kind of gave up exercising. September has been better, I have run as much in September as I did in July and August combined. My weight had been at a plateau for several months, it seems to be moving lower again, I just hope it continues. I haven’t been doing the “Bombshell Body Workout” either and hope to pick that up again in October.

I did pick up some new exercise clothes “girl clothes” Yesterday I wore my outfit out for an early morning run. I am always conscious of how I might be perceived, but as dark as it was at 4:30 in the a.m. I don’t know if anyone who might have seen me, might have seen anything more unusual than my long legs in tiny shorts and snug T-Shirt. I also tried out a new pair of New Balance shaper shoes. They really didn’t help my running, in fact I made a short quick run of it. I’m not sure they can make that much of a difference anyway , but then they were a gift anyway.

Besides dressing like a girl to run, I often change my stride during my ride, to one that I think more closely mimics how girls run. Elbows in, short boxer arm stance with my hand up in front of my chest. My stride feels more like up and down motion than my usual long stride. When I run like this I can feel a bounce in my booty that I hope is helping it’s shape, as well as noticing the back and forth rhythmic sway. Shoulders back, chest out, and with my hips forward. I run with a closer stride putting one leg in front of the other, very much like a runway walk, this definitely adds to the sway. It would be interesting to see myself running this way, but at least I see my shadow occasionally and it looks pretty good to me. As it appears that fall may actually be arriving in my neck of the woods, I doubt I will be out in the shorts again anytime soon. I am thinking about finding some nice running tights. Anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment